Favorite Widgets

This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from perla101. Make you own badge here.

« SA and Boots | Main | Food Reviews of San Antonio »

Whirlwind Weekend
Whine  |   Link

Coming back from SA was quite a challenge. Woke up 4:30AM central time to catch a 6:30AM flight. Jeff took a non-stop 8AM flight. We arrived about 30 minutes difference. Came home to settle down and have lunch. Then we were off to SF again to dine with friends at Vino e Cucina. Our friend was having a private screening of a movie he has been working on for about 3 years. Then off to Kabuki at 9pm for the screening. Met lots of folks and enjoyed seeing others we haven't seen since Stef's 16F9 private screening. We're really proud of Stef. He's very successful and very disciplined about his accomplishments. He's also just a great friend. So we were probably up until around 12AM. So we were super tired coming home. Argh! And poor J had to limp around.

Sunday was just as tiring but very interesting. Hung out with our friends before service and then headed home for light lunch. Again we headed to the city for dinner at North Beach with another set of friends before enjoying Bebel Gilberto at Bimbo's. The music was awesome, very sensual and romantic. We had a wonderful time and again it was pretty late.

We were driving maybe 75mph on 101S just before Oyster Point when we blew a tire on the Civic. Boy was that a scarey experience. I thought I was going to lose control of the car but managed to get to the right side shoulder. Sitting there late at night I was pretty aware that most highway accidents happen when folks are driving to fast late at night and don't see cars with hazard lights on the side of the road. We sat for about 20 minutes waiting for AAA. J would have changed that tire but with his broken ankle it would have been a very long and painful experience. Since the spare was not a full size we decided to drive down El Camino from Millbrae. When we came home we noticed the spare looked like it was going to fall apart as well.

Decided to sleep in since we got home super late after 2 late nights and lots of jet lag. We're ok now...just need to get a new tire for the car. I'm glad I wasn't freaking out if anything I didn't even feel my heartrate go up. I really did feel at peace and in control.

Posted on September 12, 2005 09:31 AM